7.3 Liter Ford Oil Pan Saver Kit
This oil pan repair kit covers the 7.3 L Ford Powerstroke for the following years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. Please include the year model and build date during checkout. This kit is very easy to install yourself, at home, over the weekend. No truck lift is needed to complete the installation of the kit. No special tools are needed but an angle grinder does help the process go much faster.
- Drain Oil from the truck
- Remove the oil filter and save for later
- Wrap the oil filter housing with a rag
- COMPLETELY clean the outside of the pan with 36 grit sand paper and an angle grinder
- Don’t worry about holes in the pan they will be covered up with epoxy
- Wipe the entire pan with Acetone and be sure that there is NO oil dripping from the drain plug
- INSERT the oil drain plug back into the pan
- Dry fit the shell onto the clean oil pan
- Acetone the inside of the shell
- Prepare a surface to mix the epoxy on. Ideally this a movable and solid surface.
- Use a solid putty knife or scrap piece of metal/wood to mix the epoxy
- WEAR GLOVES
- Work time with the epoxy is roughly 30 minutes. Take your time mixing it and make that it is 100% blended.
Prep For Install
- Have everything prepped and ready to cover the pan
- Clean the pan with acetone again
- Clean the shell with acetone again
- Have jack and wooden blocks ready under the truck
- Clean the old oil filter and have it ready under the truck (you’ll use this to brace the wedge)
Cover The Pan
- Make sure the oil drain plug has been re-installed
- COVER the oil pan with the epoxy making sure to cover all areas that were prepped
- Make sure to use 100% of the epoxy
- Install the shell and press up evenly by hand
- Place the jack underneath and LIGHTLY raise to hold the shell in place. Use wooden blocks to get around the drain plug.
- Install the old oil filter
- Insert wedge between the oil filter and the pan saver shell
- Wait 30 hours minimum for the epoxy to cure. Wait longer if it’s cold outside.
- After 30 hours has passed, remove the jack, blocks, oil filter and cut the epoxy off the drain plug.
- Install new oil filter, fill with oil, crank the truck, let it warm up and enjoy your leak free oil pan.
Watch How It’s Done
WE DO NOT ADVISE THAT YOU USE METAL TAPE AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO